Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am currently contributing the max to my company 401k plan w/ the company matching 25%. I would also like to contribute to an IRA because I would like to follow the foolish four investing plan with $2000 a year. Am I allowed?

If I can't also open an IRA, would it be unwise for me to start investing in a foolish four portfolio in a taxable account? I am in an extremely high tax bracket and while I like the idea of the foolish four portfolio, I am not sure if paying taxes every year won't cut into my investment too much. If I delay paying taxes for 20 years or so until I retire, aren't I in effect borrowing/using the governments money to invest in my retirement fund?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.