Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello-
New to this board and website. Looking forward to reading all of the past posts. Here is my story and my question.
I'm 25 and work for an educational company that is owned by the Washington Post. I get full benefits, fat bonus at the end of the year and a 401K that I am fully vested in and get this-my company matches 100%! I guess I can say that I am "sitting pretty right now" and will be for awhile because I love my job so much.

401K started in Jan and I have about $350 in it. I am investing about 2% (does that make sense?). I had to pick where I wanted my money to go to (stocks, etc). Not sure what I picked but now I am wondering what I should have picked. My paycheck says $350.00. Is that really what I am going to get? How does this work exactly? Can someone give me a quick, easy response? Don't want to bother you all too much! I really want to maximize this and am wondering what is the best solution. Very risky or in moderation? I'm not planning on leaving my job anytime soon and love the fact that my company is mathing it $1 to $1.

Any advice would be great.
Take care,
Sophiathecat
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.