Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
O.K., so we have left our 401k riding for a year now, while my husband has been off work on disability. My husband is now on SSI Disability and will be 64 this week. He will not be returning to his job. We were just notified that his company is moving their 401k business to another provider. We have until Dec 15th to roll over to an IRA or to let them move the 401k to the new provider. What is the best thing to do? I have been reading that it is best to roll over since we cannot contribute to the 401k anymore. What is the best way to go? And if we roll it into an IRA, should we remain with the company it is with now, or go to a brokerage? Can anyone give me some pros/cons???
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.