Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
The Problem: Does anyone know of a way - legal, mind you :) - to roll over the money from a 401(k)into a Traditional IRA without having to pay taxes on the principal and growth in the 401(k)?

The Situation: I'm trying to take my father's ~$96,000 away from a 401(k) that is bringing him 2% returns in the year-to-date and put it into an IRA that he can actively manage.

Suggestions: Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks for the help!

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.