Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok, here's the situation. My husband and I have a small S Corp and have initiated a Qualified Profit Sharing Plan. We also use a leasing company for employees (which has a 401). We are changing leasing companies and have funds for rollover.

I could a: roll to new 401; b: roll funds to Profit Sharing program which is allowed but not employee contributions and we are the trustees; or c. roll funds to traditional IRA which we could contribute to but probably would not be tax deferred because of AGI (nightmare bookkeeping). Roth is not an option right now our tax liability is too large and our cash is too small.

I think the P/S is best because we have control and the possibilty of additional contributions taxed deferred (by the company)are possible. I would much rather keep the money separate but I think this is the best solution.

This post is long and I apologize but any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Cheryl

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.