No. of Recommendations: 25
As the days drag by and the investigations mount, #45 is more crazed than than a rabid rat on meth.
The Twitter rage last weekend was largely ignored by the GOP. Even the whining harangue against McCain that went on for days elicited only a tepid response from 5 or so of our finest courageous senators on the right.

#45 kept playing the McCain refrain seeing no backlash for this loathsome behavior. But it seems the master of the deal and the manipulator of 40% of America finally made a grave error in judgment addressing workers in Ohio.

The Lima Army Tank Plant at the Joint Systems Manufacturing Center should have been one solid cheer for #45. The plant was on the verge of closure, as demand for tanks has been on the decline. The federal government AKA trump came to the rescue with contracts and $714 million to be used for upgrades to the M1 Abrams. Naturally the donald took multiple bows and and full credit for saving a plant that arguably , probably should have closed. and is spending/wasting defense funds to stay afloat.

“You better love me. I kept this place open.”

But that's a different story.

The crowd, initially, was the applauding, cheering, roaring MAGA crowd we all know and have grown to completely disregard as too enthralled to waste time attempting to understand. A few minutes in, #45 pulled out his continuing but upgraded recent rant aimed at McCain. Since this trump epoch started in 2015, we have not witnessed a terminal mistake in crowd control by #45.How did such a serious and fatal misstep happen? We can only assume his deterioration is accelerating to the point his one great talent is flying apart--playing to a crowd. The Twitter torrent was probably a prelude, but the huge gaffe in front of a solid red state midwestern manufacturing adoring fan base is shocking.

The Ohio GOP was sure the trump charisma would carry the rally even though trump has lost 19 points as tariffs cost companies big $$ and as Lordstown sees the loss of the GM plant and the jobs go up in smoke. This hasn't played well in Ohio.

At first it went as expected and trump got the cheers as he jabbed and waved and gestured in front of a huge American flag and a tank. It had all the trappings of a rally. The crowd responded.

Then the smoking and sparking Big Brain short-circuited-- apparently-- nothing else can explain it.

From the speech transcript:

“A lot of people are asking, because they love me and they ask me about a man named John McCain.”

“If you want me to tell you about — should I or not? Yes?” [ there are a few scattered "yeahs"]

“So I have to be honest, I’ve never liked him much.

“I’ve really probably never will, but there’s certain reasons for it and I will tell you, and I do this to save a little time with the press later on, John McCain received a fake and phony dossier, did you hear about the dossier? It was paid for by crooked Hillary Clinton, right,”

[Here he began to get some boos but he kept at it]

“And John McCain got it, he got it, and what did he do? He didn’t call me. He turned it over to the FBI hoping to put me in jeopardy, and that’s not the nicest thing to do. You know when those people say, because I’m a very loyal person...”

“And the other thing is, we’re in a war in the Middle East that McCain pushed so hard. He was calling Bush, President Bush all the time, ‘Get into the Middle East, get into the Middle East.’ So now we’re into that war for $7 trillion, thousands and thousands of our people have been killed, millions of people overall, and frankly, we’re straightening it out now but it has been a disaster for our country.”

“So John McCain loved it.”

[more boos and then dead silence and stony stares and maybe the slowly dawning realization there was some problem and he started backing out]

“Now we’re all set. I don’t think I have to answer that question, but the press keeps — ‘What do you think of McCain? What do you think?’ — Not my kind of guy, but some people like him and I think that's great."

#45 also managed to play the victim as he took credit for putting together the well-deserved state funeral and then griped that nobody thanked him but hey that's OK; it's great.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.