Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am trying to declare and deduct margin interest that I have incurred in 2000 by filling the 4952 form:

However, I am not sure what they are asking me in line 4b and 4c:

4b asks for the Net gain from the disposition of property held for investment

4c asks for the Net capital gain from the disposition of property feld for investement.

Could someone please explain to me the difference between 4c and 4b. Plus why do they want me to subtract line 4c from 4b?


- Masia
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.