Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
4is,

I was being sarcastic. Broker downgrades when he expects $30 in 12 months, and it is currently selling for $18, and that the stock is sorely undervalued that is selling for less than the value of its royalty income alone.

Cause for concern about any broker using that sort of logic to downgrade.

Is about as sensical as the broker on Elan putting a hold on the stock with a price target of $14. An upgraded hold, I add. This while the stock was selling at $18. Believes one should hold a stock that he anticipates is really overvalued, yet upgrades it.

I don't have any issues with PDLI. It is selling for less than the value of its royalty income stream, and that is a royalty income stream that does not include royalties at all for two potential blockbuster drugs just now coming to market, much less anticiapted label expansion for other drugs, and has no value in it at all for 2 very possible blockbuster drugs, and the remainder of the pipeline, plus presently marketed drugs. The broker specifically cited daclimuzab. That is a drug in phase II for MS and is a very interesting drug, but I've put it down as more speculative.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.