No. of Recommendations: 0
4thebird,

Was it a mutual fund account or a brokerage account? I have had mutual funds with them for a couple of years now. All of the USAA Family of funds are no load funds and do not have commission charges.

Now like many funds they may charge you fees if you were trying to day trade your funds or something like that. It is common for a mutual fund company to charge someone that trades mutual fund shares excessivley.

Sorry to here you have had a bad experience with their funds but I have to wonder if something else was going on.

Now they did try to charge me a fee this month because there was a problem when I changed my automatic draft from one bank to another. USAA drafted the wrong account and there wasnt enough to cover the transactions because I had moved the money. I called USAA and they refunded the charge. No quiveling, no arguing just a very pleasant conversation.

Ben
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.