Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I need to buy 8 4x6x12 cedar posts. Does anyone know where I can get these for a good price?

Miriam
...building a porch...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I live in South Denver and have been accumulating lumber to build a deck.

I've found that the best quality is at Home Depot. But I wasn't looking for 4x6's. I suspect your best bet is to call around and see who has what. Home Lumber, Home Depot, Home Base, Lowe's, and Hugh M Woods.

THEN - even if you are having it delivered, go and look at what they have in stock. I looked at some lumber yards and everything they had was dried and twisted.

I finally got my last shipment of 2x10's delivered from Hugh M Woods. They let me pull my own lumber so I knew that what they'd deliver was high quality.

I'd be leary of simply calling and asking them to drop off lumber without seeing it first. Or if you do - make sure they have some sort of return/exchange policy.

My $0.02

BillyBF
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've found that the best quality is at Home Depot. But I wasn't looking for 4x6's.

That's my big problem, 4x6 just isn't carried anywhere. I have to special order it. I've been to Hugh M Woods and they called their supplier and by the time I get the posts they'll be about $35.00 each. Aaarrgghh.

They had better all be Perfect!

I'll call around some more.

Thanks,
Miriam