Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
.....from Brad Thomas:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4256084-navigate-valuation-...

Cheers!
Murph
BL and MFPP Home Fool
(long one of the 5: SKT and sold SKT $16.00 Puts)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
What do you think?
No. of Recommendations: 0
....What do you think?

Hi coastal!

Well, at this point I have invested in SKT and sold some cash-secured puts ($16.00 strike price), as mentioned in my previous post....and will note that SKT, as an "outlet mall" REIT is a bit different from regular mall/retail REIT's.

As to the other REIT's mentioned in Brad's article, I will pass, since I have sufficient exposure to their sectors through other REIT/REIT fund positions I have.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Murph
BL and MFPP Home Fool
No. of Recommendations: 3
I would for sure steer clear of "PEI". I am not yet convinced their strategy will work. They are investing huge sums on new development where the return is questionable. The only way to explain that investment is they have to do that to keep "PEI" relevant or management's job security. They should have used all the cash flow to pay back debt, 'retire' preferred's and look at option to merge with other players.

They have few good properties, is that enough ?
No. of Recommendations: 3
I don't own any of the five but have owned skt in the past. BRX is the only candidate in that list, but I already own perhaps too much retail reit's, including roic, kim, uba & spg. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have bought more chct during December, but that's about the only reit that has the growth profile and management that would capture my dollars at the moment at a more favorable price. I've mostly stopped reading Brad's self congratulatory posts, that's why I wanted your viewpoint on whatever he wrote - or had written for him.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi again coastal!

They don't call him "Sunshine Brad" for nothing. ;-)

I always take his optimism with a grain if salt....and some counter-side (bear) analyses.

Cheers!
Murph
No. of Recommendations: 0
To be fair he made very clear what he saw as speculative buy in that article. That was not one of his "SWAN" stock pitches.
No. of Recommendations: 2
True enough, NozRyder, but, IMHO, Brad tends toward optimism in most of his REIT articles...SWAN's or speculative buys. ;-)

Cheers!
Murph