No. of Recommendations: 4
Happy New Year, Fools!

Among other things, I hope 2018 includes a revival of the activity on this board with the Pencils clan. Please feel free to post here any time -- I'm following closely and will make a more active effort to keep the discussion going here.

To kick things off, here is a recent article I shared. It's mostly preaching to the choir for anyone who's following this board, but perhaps you have friends or family who would benefit from this perspective with the New Year underway:

5 Steps to Save More Money in the New Year

1. Pay down debt.

2. Build up an emergency savings fund.

3. Maximize your 401(k) match at work (if applicable).

4. Open (and fund) a Roth IRA.

5. Open (and fund) an individual taxable brokerage account.

Full article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-steps-save-more-money-new-y...

Wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous 2018. Looking forward to more discussion here together in the year ahead!

Foolishly,
David K
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.