Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
TMFPixy,

I just read your article RE: the Bond Ladder which provoked thought on my part: (Note smoke from the ears). (This is my first post on this board, I'm most often at the Soc. Sec Reform board)

There is a peculiarity that I have noticed in virtually all of the material I have by the Fools. No one seems to recognize investment value in "seasoned 2nd trust deeds". They are short term, secure, modest income and all due in a few years and can be purchased at a discount of about 20%-30%. They seem to fit nicely into your intentions for short term cashable assets. My question is, "Why are they generally ignored by Fools?" Is it lack of familiarity or a dislike for them as an investment tool?

OleJer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.