Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm planning to go back to school using GI bill money for my Bachelor's. I would most likely go the route of grad school. Is it a good idea to get a 529 plan for myself? I don't want to get a loan unless I really need to. I'll probably only need to use this money for my Master's at which time I may or may not stay in my current field. If I stay in my current field, I'll probably make enough not to be eligible for financial aid. I'll apply regardless.

I understand that the financial aid would be less because of the 529 plan under my name.

Thank you for any ideas...
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.