Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Interesting article in today's (Oct 1st) Wall Street Journal on page B6 about 5dimes (an offshore sports betting company in Costa Rica).
They want to enter the legal US market, and just settled with US prosecutors, for $46 million in currency and luxury items. They accepted bets from the US, which was frowned on by our government.
And mention in the article of the original owner getting kidnapped and killed sure adds color to that industry.

I used worldsportsexchange when they first started, I believe they were also in Costa Rica. And they even returned my winnings, until they went belly-up. I never did get my last check from them.

I used 5dimes for a short while.

I only bet the minimum amounts on games.
Print the post Back To Top
5 Dimes was great, Tony's murder was awful.

offshore I think bookmaker is still easily the best and now with easy BTC withdrawals to wherever, you get paid super quickly instead of waiting on some bank check for 3 weeks.
I'm very happy with Bovada. I've withdrawn funds 5 or 6 times, sometimes 4 figures (from poker winnings, I'm probably in the red from my sports bets). A check is delivered to my house via fedex within a few days, and all have deposited into my US bank with no trouble.

They offer bitcoin, but I'm happy with US currency
I got an email, saying 5dimes would like to return my money since they stopped taking bets from the USA. I don't have a lot there, probably ten dollars or so.
I was given an 800 number in Portland, Oregon to call.