Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Ouch. Nationwide, a total of 6 people were able to get in and enroll.

Pathetic.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57610328/obamacare-ear...

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - For 31 days now, the Obama administration has been telling us that Americans by the millions are visiting the new health insurance website, despite all its problems.

But no one in the administration has been willing to tell us how many policies have been purchased, and this may be the reason: CBS News has learned enrollments got off to an incredibly slow start.

Early enrollment figures are contained in notes from twice-a-day "war room" meetings convened within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services after the website failed on Oct. 1. They were turned over in response to a document request from the House Oversight Committee.

The website launched on a Tuesday. Publicly, the government said there were 4.7 million unique visits in the first 24 hours. But at a meeting Wednesday morning, the war room notes say "six enrollments have occurred so far."

Epic.
Fail.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Ouch. Nationwide, a total of 6 people were able to get in and enroll."

The first day?

If there were zero problems, I can't imagine why even 6 people would sign up the first day for something so important and as complicated as health insurance, when they have months to do it.
If there were zero problems, I can't imagine why even 6 people would sign up the first day for something so important and as complicated as health insurance, when they have months to do it.

Megalopolis Fail.
Your side said there were millions and millions of people without insurance and that others were literally dying in the streets. Now you're saying that it's no big deal?

Tee, hee.
"Your side said there were millions and millions of people without insurance and that others were literally dying in the streets. Now you're saying that it's no big deal?"

Do you even attempt to make sense with your arguments anymore?

First, there WERE problems that prevented registration on the first day, so the argument is moot. We don't know how many would have purchased insurance if the websites had worked perfectly.

However, even if that weren't the case, we are talking about DAY ONE. You do get that, don't you?
Yes, it's no big deal that millions did not sign up on DAY ONE.

You have never purchased individual insurance in your lifetime. The options are complicated and it takes quite a bit of time to make the comparisons and decide which plan is best.

It makes no sense to me that ANYONE would sign up for a plan on DAY ONE when they have a minimum of 3 months time to make a decision.

"She pointed to the experience of Massachusetts, which launched a statewide health insurance program. In the first month of open enrollment in 2007, only 123 people signed up for coverage, but by the second month that number was 2,289, and eventually more than 36,000 signed up in the first year."

They aren't buying a new pair of socks.
Do you even attempt to make sense with your arguments anymore?
Failure.
So you're saying that no one argued that there were millions without healthcare? And that no one was 'dying in the streets'?

First, there WERE problems that prevented registration on the first day, so the argument is moot. We don't know how many would have purchased insurance if the websites had worked perfectly.

WTF argument is this? It's okay, because Obama's incompetent? Besides. You forgot something. The administration was BRAGGING about the number of people that were visiting the site.

However, even if that weren't the case, we are talking about DAY ONE. You do get that, don't you?
Yes, it's no big deal that millions did not sign up on DAY ONE.

Except that it punctures all the lib hyperbole about health insurance.

You have never purchased individual insurance in your lifetime. The options are complicated and it takes quite a bit of time to make the comparisons and decide which plan is best.

Failure. Yes I have. Again, stop projecting your (necessarily limited) life experiences on the rest of us. You have no clue what I've done or not done in my lifetime. It's a common left wing failing: You know better than everyone else what's better for everyone else.

It makes no sense to me that ANYONE would sign up for a plan on DAY ONE when they have a minimum of 3 months time to make a decision.

What about all the supposed millions of people who have pre-existing conditions, who are filing bankruptcy and/or otherwise can't get insurance? All those people you're always going on about who stiff hospitals because they have lousy insurance?

They aren't buying a new pair of socks.

Heh. O-care collapses under its own weight if enough young people don't sign up. But hey. Hospital stocks are up, right?
"So you're saying that no one argued that there were millions without healthcare? And that no one was 'dying in the streets'?"

I don't care about others hyperbole. I have no idea why you'd make that statement in response to a post that dealt with DAY ONE only. You are just not making any sense these days.

"WTF argument is this? It's okay, because Obama's incompetent?"

The rollout was incompetent but, again, not the argument here. The argument is how many would be expected to enroll on the first day. I've posted about the incompetent rollout plenty. Those of us who support this plan and know it will work are far more disgusted with the messy rollout than you are.

"What about all the supposed millions of people who have pre-existing conditions, who are filing bankruptcy and/or otherwise can't get insurance? All those people you're always going on about who stiff hospitals because they have lousy insurance?"

Again, in your words...FAIL. Any insurance they buy through the exchange will not take effect until Jan. 1st, whether you sign up on Oct. 1 or Dec. 31st, so there is no valid reason not to wait.

Again, respond to the post and don't go off on a tangent. I simply made the case that the extremely low number of sign ups on DAY ONE would not be a big deal EVEN if the rollout had not been incompetent.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Give it up, Richieds. He's getting to be as bad as Jedi.
I don't care about others hyperbole. I have no idea why you'd make that statement in response to a post that dealt with DAY ONE only. You are just not making any sense these days.

And you're doing absolutely nothing but throwing rocks. Congrats.

Again, in your words...FAIL. Any insurance they buy through the exchange will not take effect until Jan. 1st, whether you sign up on Oct. 1 or Dec. 31st, so there is no valid reason not to wait.

Okay, fair enough. What percentage of the uninsured knew that in advance? I'd bet that relatively very few did.

Again, respond to the post and don't go off on a tangent. I simply made the case that the extremely low number of sign ups on DAY ONE would not be a big deal EVEN if the rollout had not been incompetent.

You can stick the ad Homs. Make an actual argument and I'll respond to it. All I see you posting are random drive-by shootings. You're not nearly nasty enough at those to join PA's varsity.