No. of Recommendations: 0
Granted, not many people can take advantage of it (it's a credit union) and the term is very long (10 years), but I thought this board would find the following link useful given pathetic yields on current fixed-income investments:

http://www.valleycu.org/capital.htm

Print the post Back To Top
National presto yields about 7%.
Wow -- the best rate I see for a 10-year CD is 6.25%, and that's for a callable CD!
Dear Bogwan:
What is National presto? And is there a web address you can share?

What is National presto? And is there a web address you can share?

National Presto is a stock, ticker symbol NPK. Needless to say, there is no guarantee on your investment here.
[sarcasm]
Wow! Xerox is paying 12-13% on its bonds! What a great investment!
[end sarcasm]
(Too bad Xerox is on the edge of bankruptcy.)
Actually, NPK is an interesting stock. They're holding on to about $28 of cash per share on their books; the current share price is roughly $28 as well. So, in an indirect sense, you can purchase their current business enterprise for free.

I just found it amusing that someone else discovered this stock as well, though I would hesitate to recommend it to someone clearly interested in fixed income investments.
>> These are two companies with high yields <<

[NPK and RGR]

At least in the case of RGR, fear of product liability (guns) is no doubt behind the yield of over 8%.

Sort of like MO at its bottom, I think -- though RGR is not even close to MO fundamentally in terms of strength of product line and diversified products.