Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I live in IL, so have to file both Federal and IL return. I also have to make estimated payments and almost always owe tax when I file. So in a normal year, I would file both returns by 4/15, have to pay the owed tax for the prior year with both returns, and then make my first estimated payment for both on 4/15 and my 2nd on 6/15. I found info. on IL website that says although the filing date and owed amount has been extended to 7/15, I still need to estimate my tax for this year and make my 4/15 and 6/15 estimated payments on time. But I don't see any information like that on IRS website. Can anyone give me some advice, other than moving out of the state of IL? Yes, I know, they have never met a tax they didn't like. There are only 2 things keeping me in this state, my job and my family. Thank you in advance.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
I found info. on IL website that says although the filing date and owed amount has been extended to 7/15, I still need to estimate my tax for this year and make my 4/15 and 6/15 estimated payments on time. But I don't see any information like that on IRS website. Can anyone give me some advice, other than moving out of the state of IL?

Here is a list of FAQs on the payment extension from the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/filing-and-payment-deadlines-qu... However, this only applies to Federal returns. If the state of IL says on their website that your Q1 payment is still due on 4/15, it's still due then.

Please take note that even for the Federal payments, while the Q1 payment deadline has been extended to 7/15, at this point, the Q2 payment is still due 6/15.

AJ
Print the post Back To Top