Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
77F in Dallas today

Had the windows wide open for the first time in long time. Nice. Sunny too.

Down to 50 tonight.

Down to 30 tomorrow night as cold front comes through.

Days getting longer - went out to dinner and didn't have to use headlights. Home by 6:30pm. Like the sun. Hate the dark.

Had to get the Prius fixed today. Big ouch. HID headlight bulb burned out. They take apart the front end of the car to get to the light fixture. $300 to replace one HID bulb including the very expensive bulb. Double ouch. 1.5 hours of labor......

But the weather was great.

I don't miss the long winters up north. Spent 4 years in Troy NY....it gets warm in May up there.....and 3 years in Chicago.....about the same. 25 below in both locations at times. Weeks of 10 and 20F. The only snow I enjoyed was the first snow of the season. They it was all a pain in the butt......grimy black snow on roadsides, slippery roads, snow shoveling, getting stuck in traffic in snow blizzards, etc.

At worst, we usually get 3 ice storms a year here that slick the concrete roads. Since I'm retired, I just stay home. Things melt by 10am usually.....and our six inches of snow, average, a year......so far none this year....well, a trace here and there if you woke up and looked outside at 6am.....we're overdue for an inch or two. A real storm might drop 8 inches which will melt within 24 hours down to zip, other than a few snow people, if folks made them

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.