Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Most recent news, and not good - recent 8-K filed that KNOT got the warning letter from Nasdaq about failing to keep $1 share price. David and Carley have until June 20, 2001 before facing delisting (granted, if that happens, of course they'd appeal). Well, at least next quarter announcement will be before that - see if they keep reducing losses. *sigh*

(am still amazed TMF has kept this mssg. bd. alive)

gp
Print the post Back To Top
Hey gp,

Our stock price has actually held up pretty well over the last three months. We've been trouncing the s & p 500 over that period, for example.

http://quote.fool.com/chart/chart.asp?time=6&uf=0&compidx=sp500%7E3377&comptick=&freq=1dy&maval=0&type=128&symbols=KNOT&currticker=KNOT&submit1=Draw+Chart

I think it's safe to say that "the bad news has been priced into the stock," so if the company has any good news over the next couple of months (litigation settlement, good quarter, analyst upgrades), then we could have a nice run back to the $2-$3 range. If and when it becomes clear that we are not heading for bankruptcy, then we could run all the way to ipo range ($10).

We are so thinly traded that we could make giant moves, in either direction, over the next several months. I don't think delisting is really an issue (we could, as you point out, appeal, or perhaps do a reverse split). If it becomes clear that we will hit breakeven, the stock will skyrocket. If it becomes clear that we are going bankrupt, the stock has farther to drop, much farther. I really don't expect us to stay in this .88 cent trading range for long. One way or the other, we should know our fate in the next several months.

If we end up on a bulletin board I am out, though. :)

Taylor
Thanks, Taylor, for comments. If ever there's a moment of truth for KNOT, we'll indeed find out. It's certainly been a length of time to hold our breaths; guess many of us are starting to turn blue, but agree our fate will be known soon. Just printed off their 3/30 filed 10-K and will spend awhile pouring over the numbers. Keep up the faith.

gp