Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
8 Woe unto thee who purchaseth thine Halloween candy before Simchat Torah, for they shalt be bitten by the serpent of Temptation, and reviled.

I once posted on another board -

Why do the stores put out Halloween candy in early October? Don't they know I'll just eat and have to come back and buy more?

Wally
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
But lo, fear was upon his heart, for his younger child did also try the cookies and find them good and a prophecy did come to him that the carrot cake Oreos would not last long, nay not even to the end of the week.

And in what household with two growing boys and a full-sized adult male would a package of even regular boring Oreos last for a week? Or even much beyond two days?
And in what household with two growing boys and a full-sized adult male would a package of even regular boring Oreos last for a week? Or even much beyond two days?

My wife made that point that they would not last a week with just me.

Wally
This Book of Confections contains great wisdom. I shall have to study it further.

In the mean time, please pass the Double Stuf Oreos so that the stirring in my belly shall be quieted, lest it disturb my studies.

--Peter
And there was a great and widening debate over the merits of Oreo Double Stuf versus Oreo Thins. The debate grew to such proportions that there was a schism in the realm, with weapons drawn and light sabres called to the ready.

And then the Trader Joe’s and the Astounding Multi-Flavor Joe-Joe’s (aka the Holiday dipped Joe-Joes) came out, and the Double Stuff lay down with the Thins and there was much rejoicing.

ThyPeace, until the box was gone and there sprang up the argument over who had the last ginger Joe-Joe, and everyone had to go back to the store for four more boxes of the things.
No. of Recommendations: 0
We are currently Oreo-less, as thanks to the proselytizing of some kind flight attendants, we are adherents to the divergent sect of the Stroopwafel.

(you can call it heresy, but my daughter will take the eight we have in the house and stand against your mainstream confection beliefs. Well, maybe she'll indulge* a bit, after she's finished her eating...er, reading)

-synchronicity

*-see what I did there?
No. of Recommendations: 14
2 Conf. 4:1-7

1 But then from the South came forth a Lawyer, who dwelt in the land of Miami among the mosquitoes and Alligators and his own two small children. 2 This is what the Lawyer said: "Purchase not the Oreo at the market, for it is known to the children to be Good. 3 Do not eat of it, lest your children gnash their teeth and whine and ask unto you who hath eaten the last Oreo."

4 The Lawyer brought forth from within his garments the Milano, and raised it aloft, and said: 5 "This is the Milano which our Father has given us, which He gave to our parents before us. 6 And the Milano is good, but not known to the children, and is more easily concealed in the back of the pantry with the dry pasta."

7 And Mallomars too.

Albaby
8 Woe unto thee who purchaseth thine Halloween candy before Simchat Torah, for they shalt be bitten by the serpent of Temptation, and reviled.
No. of Recommendations: 4

I once posted on another board -

Why do the stores put out Halloween candy in early October? Don't they know I'll just eat and have to come back and buy more?

Wally