Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
🙂

https://www.thediscoverer.com/blog/9-kinds-of-trips-to-take-...

1. Backpacking trip.
I've done a few. I now prefer to carry a small daypack, and a wheeled carry-on. As far as couch surfing... today, I dont like sleeping on the ground or floor. I still do it some, but, I've become less interested.

2. Solo trip.
I've solo traveled lots in Mexico. It has its pros and cons. I am considering a solo cruise, as I want to see Iceland.

3. Luxury trip.
Haven't done this. But, I'm retired, and am thinking "I can't take it with me". LOL

4. Romantic trip.
This has been fun a few times.

5. Road trip.
Yep. Many times. I prefer to drive NO MORE than 6 hours per day. I like to do spur-of-the-moment side trips while traveling. I like to stop and walk around every hour or so. I use "bathroom break" as an excuse, when traveling with others.

6. Cruise trip.
One time, on Carnival. I enjoyed it immensely. I especially enjoyed the RELAXTION of the experience. And, it was relatively inexpensive.

7. Off the grid trip.
Ive done Big Bend (TX), some trips in Mexico, the Grand Canyon. Wilderness backpacking is for young folks. Or, for folks with good knees, hips, flexibility, balance, etc.
Hmm... maybe I should do another?

8. Last minute trip.
I've done some. These were short trips and FUN! But, my personality favors doing random stuff, side trips, etc, just for the possibility of an "adventure".

9. A trip that scares you.
Hmmm...
Whatever takes you out of your comfort zone - we say, go for it! Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone is the most simple way to expand your horizons and broaden your perspective. And honestly, isn’t that why we love to travel in the first place?
I think that when I solo travel, I'm always pushing my comfort zone.

🙂
ralph
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.