Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 75
We cried when we saw the tape on Friday of Osama Bin Laden. He's tanned and healthy. He does not look desperate or scared. He does not look like a man on the run.

Three years ago, President Bush promised us he would capture Osama Bin Laden--Dead or Alive. He didn't do that.

The man that murdered our husbands, is back terrorizing our country again. The videotape of him has brought us back to 9/11. We feel threatened. We feel verable. We are scared.

Our question to President Bush is: Why didn't you catch him when you promised us you would? Why is this mass murderer--this madman-- still out there making videotapes and terrorizing our country three years after you promised our country that you would make us safe from him? President Bush, why cant you keep us safe from this madmen?

Kristen Breitweiser and Monica Gabrielle

http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004/10/statement-from-jersey-girls-on-bin.html

Congrats, George.

Erik
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Quick, Kerry campaign: film it and run it!
No. of Recommendations: 3
Right on. That is the one think that takes me from undecided to voting against Bush. I don't like Kerry but Bush failed to kill OBL. He does not deserve to remain in Command.
No. of Recommendations: 3
<That is the one think that takes me from undecided to voting against Bush. I don't like Kerry but Bush failed to kill OBL. He does not deserve to remain in Command.>

What I find most offensive is the attitude Bush has expressed in 2004 about Bin Laden. He pretends to forget that he ever declared that Bin Laden was "Wanted Dead or Alive" and that he ever subsequently said that Bin Laden wasn't a figure of great importance.

I imagine many Americans could forgive Bush for not overseeing the capture or killing Bin Laden in the maze that is the Pakistan/Afghanistan border area, but to try to act like Bin Laden doesn't exist less than four years after the horror of 9/11 is cynical politics at best
I don't like Kerry but Bush failed to kill OBL.

The fact that we haven't killed him yet shows how difficult it must be hunting down a single person who lives in a cave, who doesn't make cell phone calls in fear of being tracked, and who moves around a lot.

To give some perspective, the first bombing at WTC was an attempt (albeit a failed one) to bring down the towers. Why didn't Clinton kill OBL then? Dick Morris, who has worked with Clinton as his advisor for many years, indicates that Clinton had three chances to kill OBL but failed to pull the trigger. I know this is not an election between Clinton and Bush but do you really think Bush isn't trying his darndest? Tommy Franks states that no resources were diverted from Afghanistan to Iraq.

No. of Recommendations: 6
I know this is not an election between Clinton and Bush but do you really think Bush isn't trying his darndest?

In a word, yes.

He has admitted in his own words that he was not too concerned about OBL after the Iraq war was in full swing. He was fixated on the supposed (and proven false) "imminent" threat posed by Iraq enough to lose focus on going after OBL. No- he waqnted his little war in Iraq. That steering of our own intelligence to suppport the Iraq invasion they wanted before ever being elected is the most corrupt, dishonest power play of my lifetime. I'm too young for Vietnam, but from what I've read this is on par with the deceit involved justifications of that war.

Sorry, Bush has had a hard-on for the wrong bad guy from day one. Worse, I think he used the attacks to steer public opinion toward supporting his war- the wrong war in Iraq. And I will never forgive him for that, as we've now lost over a thousand brave men and women to fight his fictitious war that never needed to be fought, all while letting Public Enemy #1 continue to goad us and threaten us.

I've never had a clearer choice for my vote, and it's tragic that he has made my decision so easy.

-Scott
To give some perspective, the first bombing at WTC was an attempt (albeit a failed one) to bring down the towers. Why didn't Clinton kill OBL then? Dick Morris, who has worked with Clinton as his advisor for many years, indicates that Clinton had three chances to kill OBL but failed to pull the trigger. I know this is not an election between Clinton and Bush but do you really think Bush isn't trying his darndest? Tommy Franks states that no resources were diverted from Afghanistan to Iraq.

Osama didn't plan the first WTC bombing. The people that DID plan that bombing are in jail, including the head scumbag, the blind cleric Rahman.

If Bush had Osama in jail, then he would have done as well as Clinton.

No, Bush isn't trying his darndest to get Osama. If he was, we would have zero soldiers in Iraq, and 250,000 soldiers in Afghanistan.

Bush said before that Osama "isn't important" to him. For once, Bush was telling the truth.

Bush is the worst pResident in the history of the US.
KERRY ROCKS!!!!!