No. of Recommendations: 1
Holy crap. I wouldn't want to be a democrat facing election:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/31/obama-o...

How many people are exposed to these problems? 60 percent of Americans have private-sector health insurance—precisely the number that Jay Carney dismissed. As to the number of people facing cancellations, 51 percent of the employer-based market plus 53.5 percent of the non-group market (the middle of the administration’s range) amounts to 93 million Americans.

Bear in mind this is when the employer mandate kicks in.

I've read the argument that says that plans that are out there today are somehow inadequate. Speaking for my plan, I like it. It's cheap, it does what I want, and it fits my needs exactly. Cancel it and I'll be hopping mad.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.