No. of Recommendations: 15
The White House confirmed, “More than 6 million workers received pay raises, bonuses, or increased retirement contributions thanks to the President’s tax cuts.”

The problem is that there are 157 million workers in the workforce. The White House’s own numbers mean that less than four percent of US workers saw a pay raise from the tax cuts.

“Either President Trump and his people don’t understand math, or they don’t think anyone else does,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/04/17/96-of-workers-didnt-...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 11
The White House’s own numbers mean that less than four percent of US workers saw a pay raise from the tax cuts.

Trump's tax scam isn't working... another Trump FAIL.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Trump's tax scam isn't working... another Trump FAIL."

It works for Twitler and the offspring. Another Twitler success.

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Trump's tax scam isn't working... another Trump FAIL."

It works for Twitler and the offspring. Another Twitler success.

Trumps "wins" by making others lose. In this case, it is the average American who loses.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Your numbers are bogus,

All working people received a pay raise thru less taxes being withheld in their paychecks and in conjunction with that, if you kept your withholding limits the same as before tax cuts you likely received a tax refund as well.

So the tax cut increased your paycheck and you still got a tax return on top of that.
No. of Recommendations: 0
“Either President Trump and his people don’t understand math, or they don’t think anyone else does,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness."

He's channeling intercst

--Linda
<<<Trumps "wins" by making others lose. In this case, it is the average American who loses.>>

I hope you and the rest of the lib/dims on this board believe that. You will continue to fight a non-existent foe; a caricature that doesn't exist.

Maybe that explains your fascination with windmills.
<<<So the tax cut increased your paycheck and you still got a tax return on top of that.>>>

I gave you a rec. for pointing out what would be obvious to anyone but a lib/dim.

But I regret that you have eliminated another lib. myth we could have used in the 2020 election.

Actually, there are plenty more myths but some may be more difficult to describe.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Your numbers are bogus

Those numbers came from the White House, not me. Take it up with them.
No. of Recommendations: 8
"More than 6 million workers received pay raises, bonuses, or increased retirement contributions thanks to the President’s tax cuts.”

There is, of course, no causation to attribute the pay raises, bonuses, etc. to changes in the tax code. Neither is one proposed nor is it evident in the economics of the tax cuts. Retirement contributions are another matter, wherein the 4% of workers who did get some monetary benefit from the revised tax code are seeking secondary tax-deference benefits in retirement contributions. Guess at what end of the earning scale that 4% comes from. Never mind the boon for C-level execs and shareholders who definitely saw their balances climb, but the workers who produce all this value will never see a cent.
No. of Recommendations: 16
So the tax cut increased your paycheck and you still got a tax return on top of that.

After the tax cut scam bill kicked in, my Facebook feed was full of cheering and fist-pumping from Trumpies who were all excited over getting another forty bucks a month in their take-home pay. I told some of them at the time they needed to adjust their withholdings. Not sure if anyone listened.

I do know that, over the past couple months, my Facebook feed has also lit up with those same folks complaining about their "bonus" in the form of an expected tax refund, which has either been significantly diminished or converted into a tax due bill. Guess who they blame it on? Government spending on social aid programs.

Stupid is as stupid does.
You don't seem to know the difference between net and gross.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I hope you and the rest of the lib/dims on this board believe that. You will continue to fight a non-existent foe; a caricature that doesn't exist.

Our foe is all too real.

We see him every day. Just hearing him speak words, any words, makes us sick to our stomachs.
<<<We see him every day. Just hearing him speak words, any words, makes us sick to our stomachs.>>>

That's a personal problem; my own is clustrophobia.