A Good Example of What Not to Do.

Arindam,

I don’t have any issues with you lifting up my story as a cautionary tale. I wish I had read this story a while back. However, your tone in this thread is markedly different than your responses to my original post where you were generous and offered valuable information. Perhaps you reconsidered your initial response of sympathy as you suggest here. It does feel a bit duplicitous though.

Beyond sharing my story of what not to do, you make a lot of assumptions and judgments for which you don’t have much basis. I don’t feel like I need to counter your assumptions by explaining what actually is the whole of my capital, how many asset classes I am invested in, what was behind my choices along the way, or that this financial loss (while significant) was not the most significant loss I experienced this year. As a daughter of working-class parents and a first-generation college grad who choose a career focused on service to my community, this is the first time I have been called entitled. I will have to ponder that.

Unfortunately, this experience will make me hesitate before seeking information or input from this board in the future and that is my loss.

bloodking6

14 Likes