Anyone with the ASVAB Military Test?

Thinking about it.
Anyone experienced with is?

Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery

1 Like

I meanwhile take the ASVAB Test
https://practicetestgeeks.com/asvab-practice-test-exam/

I took the ASVAB decades ago. It’s a standardized test like the SAT, ACT, etc. though probably not as hard as the ones for the college-bound. If you do well with standardized tests, the ASVAB should be no problem. Taking practice tests will help. You’d have to do insanely bad for it to keep you out of the military though doing so so might prevent you from getting into the specific branch of whatever service you’re joining. Your recruiter - if he’s honest - will fill you in on how it’s used nowadays.

1 Like

Took it in 1983 when I was 17. I didn’t find it to be something you could study for. At that time, it tested you on general job/ career type knowledge to show you what type of job you would tend to be good at.

For me I scored highest in Administrative, Electronics, and Auto Mechanics. The strange thing is although exposed to these subjects in High School, I did not consider myself and expert on them.

The really strange thing is that all these years later, these are the top things I am good at in my career in IT management. I dont fix cars or electronics, but I am now a fixer of Business IT problems.

I highly recommend kids in high school take this test. It can help steer you in a direction that you can succeed even if you dont go into the military.

I can say for me, going into the Marines at 18 changed my life for the best. Although, I didnt think so at the time, when I stepped onto the yellow footprints in Parris island :wink:

2 Likes

Conga rats on your 1st TMF post.

{Ya waited a lot LONGER than most!!!}

sunrayman
phar phrom phamous phormer phantom [F-4] phlyer

Conga rats on your 1st TMF post.

{Ya waited a lot LONGER than most!!!}

Thanks sunrayman. Just joined Paid MF after years of looking at free content.

I assume you flew F4s back in the day?
1 Like

I assume you flew F4s back in the day?

+++
+++

Yup, as in the “previous century”.

They became “targets” @ Tyndall AFB this century.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2015/05/30…