Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Rayvt

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/21/19 6:40 PM
  • Number: 91658
  • Recommendations: 0
I'd move everything to one of the Vanguard LifeStrategy Funds and be done with it. (Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/19 12:51 PM
  • Number: 273154
  • Recommendations: 1
For those of us who are not doing too well at MI, we may be in the same boat as he was. We think we can beat the market, but fail badly. Maybe we will come to the same conclusion as he did- passive beats active.

Yeah.....problem
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/19 12:46 PM
  • Number: 91648
Here's an interesting thread in an investing board that's about the polar opposite of this one. This gentleman came up with a strategy that he thought was risk free money. And ended up getting his account closed with about a 1100% loss,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/20/19 6:26 PM
  • Number: 91623
I like Panera. Iíve been thinking of them lately as an always happy customer. First they made great food but they were crowded so they created an App where I can preorder my lunch, walk past the line, grab my bag and leave in 30 seconds. Then
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/18/19 5:39 PM
  • Number: 91598
A covered call ... Selling a put ... How on earth are those two equivalent to each other???

Selling a cash-secured put, not a naked put.

If you don't understand why selling a covered call and selling a cash-secured put
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/19 10:48 PM
  • Number: 273132
At a shallower level, I'm skeptical about how practical his proposed approach would be for individual mechanically inclined asset allocators

I read the first half of his paper and skimmed the rest. Pretty ho-hum. Different
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/19 2:40 PM
  • Number: 273128
Just buy the index and then leverage.

I don't disagree with that, just don't think that these daily-reset 2x or 3x things is the best way to go. They *specifically* state that they should be used only for daily
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/19 8:57 AM
  • Number: 91586
  • Recommendations: 7
To whom it may concern:

1) As a rule, I prefer to keep the discussions on the boards and don't move them to non-public email.

2) I am immune to insults. Try again.
  • Date: 1/17/19 8:55 AM
  • Number: 91585
  • Recommendations: 2
Those factors should be trivial if one is trading on the opposite side of "the worst retail strategy there is, bar none" using heavily traded options.

Well, it's quite possible for both sides of a strategy to be losers
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/19 4:28 PM
  • Number: 273111
BAM the parent grows faster and is the better long term bet, but BPY the kid is probably more undervalued at the moment.

I struggle with this all the time in my closed-end fund (CEF) investments. Two CEFs that have similar NAV
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z