Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/17/19 5:04 PM
  • Number: 4645
  • Recommendations: 0
I'm not sure when we're going to see numbers that reflect what we can think of as the "natural demand" amount. Certainly not until Tesla stops backloading their quarterly deliveries.

So I'll predict that this

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/19 4:55 PM
  • Number: 517714
  • Recommendations: 8
Apparently our weak kneed congress is allowing him to decide what constitutes a "national emergency."

I think you're aiming your ire at the wrong Congress. The Congress that drafted the Emergency Economic Powers
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/19 3:26 PM
  • Number: 517710
  • Recommendations: 5
I have been puzzling over Trumps ability to unilaterally impose import tariffs. I thought only congress had the authority to level taxes. What am I missing?

He's using emergency powers. Specifically:

The White House
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/19 2:37 PM
  • Number: 517707
  • Recommendations: 1
In other words, the most valuable part of the car will soon be the Operating System. In fact, Tesla may be demonstrating that this is already the case. Who has a better brand for software than Apple?

In effect, the hardware components of

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/19 11:43 AM
  • Number: 517702
No evidence of EVs eating each other in this sector. Meanwhile sales of the $100K Models S and X have declined. Now this could be because rich people are waiting for the Taycan or it could be because the economy is stagnating, which often tends
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/19 9:34 AM
  • Number: 517698
Again, you are missing the larger context. European car sales in general are in decline. Six straight months of declining car sales. Nissan deliveries to Europe declined 29% in March 2019 for example, so why pick on the Model S and Model X? This
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/19 4:30 PM
  • Number: 2259370
  • Recommendations: 5
Bob Bauer writing for Lawfare, considering whether McConnell might decide to not even entertain impeachment on the floor of the Senate:

If Trump were to be impeached, the evidence for his removal from office could turn out to be so

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/19 2:28 PM
  • Number: 2259358
  • Recommendations: 2
Would an impeachment inquiry entitle the House to information protected by executive privilege?

I doubt it...although mostly because I don't think there's really much there there to the executive privilege. The courts
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/19 2:02 PM
  • Number: 517685
  • Recommendations: 1
I think that was pretty obviously a one-time artifact caused by the loss of government incentives for Tesla and the lack of non-Tesla alternatives.

Nope. Tesla sales were up in the U.S. - quite significantly, as you saw
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/6/19 10:19 AM
  • Number: 2259324
  • Recommendations: 3
Reposted for formatting:

So, you don't believe courts would act faster in response to filings related to formal articles of impeachment vs standard committee filings?

Nope. They're already expediting all the
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z