Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By brittlerock

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/26/17 6:21 PM
  • Number: 32052
  • Recommendations: 161
1) Why bother reading this?
Good question. You may choose not to. It is long. Itís off topic Thereís nothing here that addresses specific advice on a specific investment. But, China is now the second largest economy in the world. I am of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/9/15 3:42 PM
  • Number: 10097
  • Recommendations: 106
Let me preface thee remarks by stating the fact that my wife is Chinese. I have many Chinese friends and family. Nothing I say is intended to reflect negatively upon the Chinese. And while this board is apolitical, I will just assert without
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/14/18 10:34 PM
  • Number: 40096
  • Recommendations: 97
As an on the ground China observer over the last ten years I can't help but comment. I'll preface my remarks by saying I too shun investment in Chinese companies, but not necessarily for the same reasons cited in Saul's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/25/17 7:18 PM
  • Number: 34094
  • Recommendations: 84
Before I was finished, my cat (who likes to sleep on my keyboard) decided to publish my post while I was out of the room, sorry about that.

I wanted to take some more time to provide a voice of encouragement to those who are new here. As I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/11/18 11:58 PM
  • Number: 46048
  • Recommendations: 77
Once again, spot on Denny.

There are different ways to approach analysis. To me, the "latest ER" is not the driver of my investment thesis, important yes, trend of the last few ERs is even more revealing, but I tend to put my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/8/14 1:36 PM
  • Number: 1931410
  • Recommendations: 68
So, just for drill, does anyone here remember what the "TEA" in Tea-party stands for? Their motto is "Taxed Enough Already".

So, I think the jury is out on what actually happened. I think Issa does not have a great track
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/5/18 11:31 PM
  • Number: 47027
  • Recommendations: 62
I'm not going to check your math, it's probably close enough. I'll just share a bit of my personal investing history.

Prior to following this board, my thinking was that no one (other than a few legendary full time investors)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/15 1:36 AM
  • Number: 8792
  • Recommendations: 60
Asked to keep an inherently political problem free from political discussion is no easy task.

First, I'd like to point out that there are a host of mid-skill jobs which can not be automated, which can not be off-shored and which are not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/9/14 5:42 PM
  • Number: 1931589
  • Recommendations: 60
WOW! I don't think I've read any thread as overpopulated with misinformation and faulty logic as this one.

I started writing a reply, but it was turning into a a lengthy essay.

A whole lot of this discussion revolves around what
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/18 10:27 PM
  • Number: 45419
  • Recommendations: 58
Bear,
You've asked a simple question which begs a complex answer. First, let me emphasize that I have not performed an in-depth product review. I have only done a very cursory, high level review of the offerings of these companies. So, part
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z