Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By CMFMonkey

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/11/19 5:35 PM
  • Number: 1017
  • Recommendations: 2
Check out the Fool's own Aaron Bush's recap of E3 2019, the annual gaming conference:

1) The future is streaming
2) The future is subscription
"Wild hypothesis: The industry will consolidate into a handful of huge
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/7/19 6:03 PM
  • Number: 313
  • Recommendations: 5
Friends,

On an ugly day for the market, our little dating company that could is up 6% After-Hours, which means, at the very least, that the robots like what they "see."

Here are the highlights:

Q1 2019
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/2/19 7:35 PM
  • Number: 1968
What continues to fascinate your humble resident primate, is a question of what exactly Twitter is good at, or for, or for whom. Odd, being invested in a business where those very basic questions are somehow up for debate or negotiation.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/19 9:37 AM
  • Number: 1966
  • Recommendations: 4
Jello that is attempting to be mounted in a single Location,

Monkey usually finds himself nodding in agreement to your thought bubbles, but not this time. There are levels to what we mean by censorship and its best not to be cavalier that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/28/19 6:55 PM
  • Number: 1963
  • Recommendations: 3
As long as Monkey is screeching ethics at y'all from his jungle branch, here's another recent article from the New Yorker with which, unfortunately, Monkey agrees with, mostly. It's this whole conscious capitalism thing that's not so
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/27/19 9:45 AM
  • Number: 1960
  • Recommendations: 3
New article in The Atlantic, speaks thus:

Twitter, as it turns out, is not a good model of the world.

Hard as that is for the Twitter-addicted to believe, it is true, and a recent Pew Research study presents new evidence about

(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/26/19 4:25 PM
  • Number: 1957
  • Recommendations: 6
Friends,

Monkey continues to first and foremost focus on Twitter's ethics, not because the advertising/business/MonthlyUsers/techy-flashy-shiny-digital-toy-stuff don't matter, but because Twitter is in the news/media business and if
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/25/19 12:56 PM
  • Number: 53114
  • Recommendations: 17
Monkey and his electric Red Banana mobile, of the third variety, are as big Tesla bulls as you get. Myopic, even, because most humans are fools and not acting with enough urgency to save our planet from global warming. So given that Tesla is doing
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/23/19 9:00 PM
  • Number: 1955
  • Recommendations: 10
"Trump met with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey––and complained about his follower count"

"President Trump on Tuesday met privately with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, a huddle at the White House between one of the site’s most prolific
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/23/19 7:15 PM
  • Number: 1954
Friends,

First, Monkey continues to think Twitter the company has a wobbly ethical and moral underpinning, which to him makes it a scary investment, because, well, that which makes the lesser appear the greater doesn't last long. But
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z