Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By CMFMonkey

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/21/18 11:46 AM
  • Number: 928
  • Recommendations: 4
But there's only one "Game of the Year."

And Take-Two share holders can rejoice that it's one of our own. It's better to be a business with the game of the year in your intellectual property vault than without it,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/20/18 11:32 AM
  • Number: 1932
  • Recommendations: 6
Friends,

Twitter is down 10% on what's shaping up to be a broad-market down day for tech stocks. So that's one reason.

The other reason is that Citron Research, which makes its bananas by publishing analysis that is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/18 4:53 PM
  • Number: 298
  • Recommendations: 2
Friends,

This NYT article addresses one of Monkey's concerns about the need to rebrand what using an online dating app is fundamentally about in order to not lose your customers:

"Tinder and Bumble are desperate to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/17/18 10:33 AM
  • Number: 3229
  • Recommendations: 7
Friends,

Monkey's finally up and done become a small (very small) shareholder in LL again. His average cost was 10.33/share and makes up a less than 1% position in his portfolio.

Why now?

In part due to price
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/27/18 5:45 PM
  • Number: 913
  • Recommendations: 7
Another banana maker has gone live!

"Rockstar describes Red Dead Online as a "continually expanding experience" and, as such, it intends to make additions and updates throughout the beta period. However, beginning right away,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/20/18 9:28 AM
  • Number: 48733
  • Recommendations: 8
We need a game plan. A list of companies, ranked roughly in pecking order of enticing price and stalwart business to start purchasing once the blood letting starts to slow.

Monkey's list:
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/12/18 3:41 PM
  • Number: 1925
Friends,

Since Twitter is a news platform, ethical and transparent conduct is essential to the business itself, since you canít have a news platform without those two ingredients.

But in its efforts to encourage the better angels
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/12/18 2:34 PM
  • Number: 910
  • Recommendations: 11
Friends,

Above, Dominic wrote: "I'm calling it right here, and adding to my position on weakness, TTWO will overtake ATVI and EA as the market leader in gaming."

If true, TTWO has a very bright future.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/12/18 11:30 AM
  • Number: 296
  • Recommendations: 2
Friends,

Thank you all for the earnings write-ups above, and the discussion about the special dividend.

As you know, your humble MTCH ticker guide here has always had a bias against this company: it's never been clear whether
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/18 11:35 AM
  • Number: 3228
Friends,

LL closed Q2 at 19.86 per share. After Q3's earnings call, shares are now 11.66. That's a drop of another 41.2%

Monkey was wondering if we were entering opportunity land, but with caution and two eyes and a tail
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z