Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By JeanDavid

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/18/19 7:22 AM
  • Number: 241624
  • Recommendations: 8
I voted for Prefer buybacks, but I really meant that only if they do not have better ideas as to what to do with the cash. If they have something wise to invest in, they should do that. They should do buybacks only if there is nothing better
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/18/19 7:19 AM
  • Number: 241623
  • Recommendations: 2
Yes, no point even having a shareholder vote! The B shareholders voted 47-1 against a few years ago. You have mentioned *you* don't own any shares. But please don't hesitate to drop by to give us advice.

Right! And I voted
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/16/19 10:59 AM
  • Number: 241607
  • Recommendations: 3
At this point I donít even care if I win the raceó I just want to finish.

I used to be very interested in automobile racing, both sports cars and Formula 1 cars. I knew several sports car drivers. All agreed with the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/15/19 12:05 PM
  • Number: 1782
  • Recommendations: 1
Welcome, CMFHeavyMetal, to one of the slowest and boring but rewarding (slowly) stocks and discussion boards.

Be prepared to yawn!

I am down 4.59% on ROIC, though this does not include any dividends I have received (current
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/10/19 7:36 AM
  • Number: 198905
  • Recommendations: 2
A good modern memory manager keeps a very small amount of memory officially vacant - meaning that there's no bookkeeping involved in disposing of whatever is in it, it can just have something new dumped in it (and the necessary bookkeeping
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/8/19 12:52 PM
  • Number: 198892
  • Recommendations: 0
I recently came across a person who had spent an enormous amount of money ($1300) for an Intel Core i7 8th Gen processor and 16GB of ram on a HP laptop and then spoiled it all by having a 1TB drive spinning at 5400 RPM. She couldn't figure
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/19 1:11 PM
  • Number: 273645
  • Recommendations: 1
My issues there are the fact it is only US stocks and that I don't believe you can replicate the returns the tool uses for gold with a gold ETF (at least in my limited and quick comparison). And 20% in gold is very high.

I think
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/6/19 8:39 PM
  • Number: 273639
So if bonds are so terrible where do you put money if you don't want to be in stocks 100% since you are approaching or in retirement? I've never been much of a bond person, and I realize rates are low although I'm not in the group
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/5/19 6:54 AM
  • Number: 241439
Don't get upset because I disagree with you. I already voted. I don't own any shares of BRK-A or BRK-B. My post was my opinion-This is still America and I am entitled to my opinion--Just like you

I am not upset. It is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/4/19 9:55 PM
  • Number: 241431
  • Recommendations: 12
They are in a holding pattern--Playing defense and it appears posters here are looking for offense. They are looking to protect their legacy, You are looking for the future growth. --Completely different goals. Get used to it.

You
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z