Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By aleax

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/19/19 2:20 PM
  • Number: 51771
  • Recommendations: 2
I tend to aim for great special offers, which are often forthcoming from various excellent media outlets; Washington Post, sure, but also, right now for example, 6 months of Barron's for $26 including a "free" tote bag (to avoid the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/19 2:07 PM
  • Number: 420
  • Recommendations: 4
Nice to hear from you again. It's been a while. Have you dipped your toe into MDB yet? If my memory serves me right, you used to work for Alphabet? What's your opinion about MDB?

Hi bulwnkl, yep, I've been occasionally
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/18/19 5:38 PM
  • Number: 13163
GCP is Google Cloud Platform. A small team of Googlers used the platform to shatter a Guinness World Record -- the most digits of pi ever computed -- by computing 31,415,926,535,897 digits over a few machine-years (100+ calendar days over dozens of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/18/19 1:03 PM
  • Number: 417
  • Recommendations: 6
Per https://cloud.google.com/forrester-nosql/ , analyst firm Forrester finds MongoDB among the "leaders" in non-relational DBs (aka "NoSQL"), and specifically the one with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/19 8:19 PM
  • Number: 12
  • Recommendations: 0
Good thing you waited several months after December's yield curve inversion before putting on any hedge, given how crazily soaring the market has been since then! If I was keen on hedging on an index, I would seriously consider a put
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/19 7:53 PM
  • Number: 281
  • Recommendations: 6
I'm biased, because Ferrari's hometown is Maranello, 30 miles away from my birthplace (Bologna) -- and, Ferrari is the most visible example of the region's (Emilia-Romagna) long tradition in top mechanical engineering.

Other
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/19 3:55 PM
  • Number: 219
do some synthetic shorts or straight up puts

In a retirement account, you cannot do syn shorts: one of the two legs of a syn short is a naked written call, and that's not allowed in retirement or other non-margin
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/19 2:54 PM
  • Number: 5894
As a One member, you shouldn't be getting marketing mail... Sorry about that.

As a One member myself, I did get plenty "marketing mail" for the new sister company -- indeed, not just email, but also a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/19 1:06 PM
  • Number: 2788
If rates really increase, Markelís fixed income portfolio will become much more valuable.

The market price of fixed income securities, other things equal (i.e., no change in risk factors), varies inversely to interest
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/16/19 3:35 PM
  • Number: 16219
  • Recommendations: 7
I wonder if eligible items will be identified as such.

Sure, see https://www.amazon.com/FSA-Store/b?ie=UTF8&node=17904040... (the article I posted
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z