Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By pauleckler

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/26/19 7:28 PM
  • Number: 115227
  • Recommendations: 0
power has to be reimbursed at the highest rate that the utility buys from any other source?

Of course the power company will sell the surplus to any buyer they can reach. Assuming they have the high tension line capacity to reach
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/19 7:11 PM
  • Number: 56438
My limited experience is that good ribs in the oven usually come from moist slow heat. Adding about a half cup of water to the covered roasting pan helps a lot.

I think that's the purpose of the barbecue sauce when you barbecue. It
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/19 7:06 PM
  • Number: 561693
  • Recommendations: 1
Shutting down the refinery means trucking all this fuel into the East Coast.

Nah, most refined petroleum products come to the east coast by pipeline.

Recall that in World War II, gasoline was rationed because German
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/19 7:01 PM
  • Number: 561692
And then there's the story of the Philadelphia refinery acquired by Delta Airlines in 2012 in an effort to get lower prices on jet fuel. Seems like that didn't work out as the refinery is now for sale. But may well be running at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/19 6:56 PM
  • Number: 561691
The Philadelphia refinery has been in business for 150 years. The site is almost certainly contaminated by spills over the years. Clean up to environmental standards likely will cost billions and take years.

Note that many contaminated
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/19 6:38 PM
  • Number: 73694
changing to the synthetic i gained 2-300 rpm at idle.

That's probably another viscosity effect. Mobil 1 is 5w-30 rather than 10w-30 used by most of us.

Low viscosity often means more of the oil evaporates during use,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/19 6:31 PM
  • Number: 280064
Factor in that when a stock has done well, analysts like to encourage investors to sell so they can buy something else and earn the firm more commissions. Its called churning. More commissions on the same money.

Of course some stock share
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/19 10:18 PM
  • Number: 115213
  • Recommendations: 3
The unfair electric rates issues was recently laid on us all in Missouri. A major aluminum smelter in the southern part of the state said it would stay open if the power company would give it a special reduced rate (lower than previously
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/19 10:11 PM
  • Number: 115212
What if a solar home sends most of its peak generation back into the grid during peak summer usage when wholesale peaker plant power rates are the highest?

Keep in mind that power must be generated sufficient to meet demand. But if
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/19 4:30 PM
  • Number: 87293
An easy way to sequester carbon is to cut trees and convert them to charcoal for burial. Then grow more trees on the land letting mother nature consume carbon dioxide by photosynthesis.

See: (Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z