Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By pauleckler

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/24/18 3:04 PM
  • Number: 31897
  • Recommendations: 0
Today's Washington Post has an excellent article on the Bradford Pear.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/23/18 6:29 PM
  • Number: 544670
  • Recommendations: 2
What is even more stupid by North Carolina is letting people build homes in flood plains? There isn't one other state that allows this.

But now wait a minute. In the good old USA, a land owner can do whatever he wants with his
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/23/18 6:22 PM
  • Number: 1893
This a high class problem. One we would all like to have.

They tell us a rising Dow Transportation Index is a very good sign for the US economy. We know it can't go on forever without a major correction, but let's hope they keep
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/23/18 6:08 PM
  • Number: 278816
Major changes are rare. Usually they replace the ones removed with something similar in value. Hence, gradual change in stats like growth rate are possible, but major changes not likely to be immediately apparent.
  • Date: 9/23/18 12:34 AM
  • Number: 544603
Thanks, Jeff.

You didn't mention Korea and Japan famous for families of interlocking companies often with shared directors often with blood relationships.

Royals in Europe are famous for extending power by intermarriage. Some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/22/18 10:40 PM
  • Number: 544594
Except the courts declared that copying the US Senate is unconstitutional.

OK, but ag still has more influence on the state legislature than justified by its population in most states. How do they do that? Business connections?
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/22/18 10:29 PM
  • Number: 4632
They say per sterpes is a useful feature to cover the situation where you begin to outlive your kids. You probably want their share distributed to their children.

Living will may still be useful especially if you go to a new hospital or a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/22/18 3:23 PM
  • Number: 102197
  • Recommendations: 2
We stay home and form a new party.

And here we are back to the Bull Moose Party that gave the 1912 election to Democrat Woodrow Wilson (instead of reelecting Teddy Roosevelt or Taft).

Splitting the party hands the election
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/22/18 3:17 PM
  • Number: 544572
  • Recommendations: 1
Recall that most states copied the US Constitution creating one house of the state legislature that served districts by area rather than by population. That gives rural districts a powerful voice in state government.

Never underestimate
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/22/18 3:13 PM
  • Number: 198265
I think you can easily turn off the notifications if you wish. And they now have many more security settings. One would probably work for me if I can figure out which ones to choose.
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z