Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By pauleckler

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/20/19 4:13 PM
  • Number: 92507
  • Recommendations: 0
E.g., are we going to delete all climate change denier posts?

People are entitled to their opinion, but they are not allowed to misstate the facts.
  • Date: 3/20/19 4:12 PM
  • Number: 92505
And who will determine if info is false, misleading, or slanderous?

In journalism, editors, fact checkers, and attorneys do this quite well. What are the sources of the info. If reliable, the info is accepted. If doubtful, wait
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/19 4:09 PM
  • Number: 47366
  • Recommendations: 1
I'm surprised that the word "stress" is not included.

Job stress is a fact of life. And plenty of bosses feel that they need to create stress in order to get the best out of their staff.

Stress makes adrenaline flow.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/19 4:04 PM
  • Number: 4649
every time the pilots on the Lion Air flight reset the switches on their control columns to pull the nose back up, MCAS would have kicked in again and "allowed new increments of 2.5 degrees... So once they pushed a couple of times, they were
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/19 6:40 PM
  • Number: 92496
  • Recommendations: 4
But you are looking only at the IRA value and presumably assuming you spend the distribution.

If you invest the distribution in a taxable account, then the same gain results in funds taxable at capital gains rates rather than as ordinary
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/19 6:29 PM
  • Number: 92481
  • Recommendations: 2
Delete not only the obscene, but also info that is false, misleading, or slanderous.

With the possible exception of well intended humor.
  • Date: 3/19/19 6:23 PM
  • Number: 241672
Parker Hannifin is best known for cleaning and phosphatizing steel prior to painting or plating.

A quality company but heavily tied to metal bending/manufacturing in the US. Metal is everywhere but think especially of automotive
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/19 6:17 PM
  • Number: 279709
Sure. If you want to beat the performance of an ETF or Index fund, consider making a list of their top performers--avoiding the ones out of favor. Pick a few of the best and go for it.
  • Date: 3/18/19 10:19 PM
  • Number: 92450
If you plan to reinvest the funds, its a wash. Taking distributions at market lows has the advantage that taxable shares are purchased at better prices. (But you are also selling at those prices.)

Regular distributions (quarterly in my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/18/19 10:05 PM
  • Number: 111398
There's really no need to start a new board. There are quite a few investment boards that are underused. My favorites list includes these--

Foolish Collective
Liquid Lounge
Pencils Palace
Weekly Analysis Club

No
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z