Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By gritton

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/2/19 10:45 AM
  • Number: 273810
  • Recommendations: 16
It would appear that Investopedia have recently stopped providing free historical price data...

I've been using that as my main data source lately, and ran into the same problem. The solution I found was (Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/19 1:21 PM
  • Number: 273426
  • Recommendations: 2
I have to admin I haven't been keeping track of Robbie's work in correcting SI's errors. But the sentence "the SIP version of Cash Flow is used in the Rankings" suggests backtest.org should
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/10/19 1:35 PM
  • Number: 273410
  • Recommendations: 9
Are Jamies backtest done on different database?
Yep. Jamie's backtester is based on data from one particular company that shall remain nameless, and the SI rankings are based on AAII's stock investor pro data.

If
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/25/18 5:47 PM
  • Number: 272877
  • Recommendations: 19
I figure when things get desperate enough for them the last few of us who use their database can chip in and buy them out.

And then I might ask for a certain silly cease & desist request to be rescinded.

- Jamie
  • Date: 12/2/18 1:16 PM
  • Number: 272635
  • Recommendations: 3
A question for this group, is could this be used as a timing indicator

You'd have to rigorously quantify it first. Any price action that has an actual formula behind it can at least be tested as a timing indicator.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/16/18 1:18 AM
  • Number: 272135
  • Recommendations: 15
They may look back and call this the selfish generation.

They're looking us straight in the face right now, and calling us that. And they're right.

- Jamie
  • Date: 8/5/18 5:00 PM
  • Number: 271606
  • Recommendations: 5
cynical exploitation

or unintended consequences?
I tend to believe the latter.

Perhaps. There was a time I would considered that, but I've seen too much of moneyed interests getting exactly what they want
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/4/18 11:13 AM
  • Number: 271593
Ahh yes I remember that now. It was passed in the early 70s, who would have thought it could still in effect.

Of course it is - its entire point was for the long term. Prop 13 was created in a cynical exploitation of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/18 11:14 AM
  • Number: 271238
  • Recommendations: 10
I keep hanging out here with no tangible benefit, for the sake of smart company, the hope of an unexpected discovery, and maybe the revival of the VL backtester [he said wistfully].

As soon as Lord Voldemort sends me an apology, and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/18 11:47 AM
  • Number: 271105
Since 1950, each time the S&P was above 3% as of the start of summer, the full year was positive every time- all 35 times!

The relevant question isn't the performance of the full year, but of the rest of the year. Do
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z