Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By BruceBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/16/18 12:23 AM
  • Number: 11561
  • Recommendations: 2
I would be very careful with local telecoms and cable companies. With the coming of 5G I think you are going to see a disruption of the last mile. These companies cash flows could really be hurt.

Andy

I didn't mean
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/15/18 11:35 AM
  • Number: 11559
  • Recommendations: 0
I've found that if you look hard enough, you can find fault with any company/institution. So to me it comes down to, do they make a good product that people want.

JLC

Yes - that and a quality balance sheet.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/14/18 9:33 AM
  • Number: 11556
  • Recommendations: 11
I actually have looked at MO and PM but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I know there are ethical elements to almost any investment, but knowing some who have died from addiction to tobacco products makes me loathe to own them,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/14/18 7:52 AM
  • Number: 90051
  • Recommendations: 20
My sister-in-law is 52 and has several 401k's from former jobs. She is in a shaky marriage (with kids still in school) and wants to consolidate these into an IRA. On another person's advice she talked to someone at Edward Jones who would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/18 11:14 PM
  • Number: 11514
  • Recommendations: 1
I have also done a combination of what people have said already.

But I was wondering, while you were out of work, did you use down your emergency fund? The first thing I would do is not reinvest and pull the fund back up.

At

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/18 10:56 PM
  • Number: 11513
  • Recommendations: 2
When I was laid off I converted all DRIPS that generated enough cash to
matter over to cash dividends. Those positions which were not generating
more than $75 a quarter were left to reinvest.

I later found that the cut-off point

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/18 12:52 PM
  • Number: 11508
  • Recommendations: 6
Curious what everyone's preferences are for using DRIPs that are automatically used to purchase additional shares/partial shares vs. manually reinvesting the dividends?

In particular, a bit of advice on what I have positioned myself
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/21/18 6:55 PM
  • Number: 208591
Quick C...where did you buy your iMac from? Apple store or BH Photo or somewhere else. Just curious, Iím still debating on desktop replacement for old Dell.

Lucky Dog

If this would be your first iMac, I would highly suggest
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/18 5:53 PM
  • Number: 11458
Even if private brands are on the rise, I don't know if many people will buy a no-name peanut butter or coffee or jelly.

This one "keeps me up at night" when it comes to investing in the staples.

We're
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/12/18 10:45 PM
  • Number: 89302
  • Recommendations: 4
Smurfdogg: Personally, you couldn't pay me to live in Texas. The heat, the humidity, the mentality of so many people living outside of Austin, the textbook writers who think creationism is the way to go, the emphasis on college
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z