Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By BruceBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/22/19 3:31 PM
  • Number: 92598
  • Recommendations: 13
MoneySlob responds to post:

BB: My long legs have never fit in coach/economy, but who cares? I sit there regardless. Can we say "Hello, man spread city!"?

MS: You should pay me for using part of my seat. Or you should

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/19 8:46 PM
  • Number: 92579
  • Recommendations: 5
Talking about the "Magic Number", one thing that has fascinated me is how few things I'm finding of value to spend money on.

For example, I could easily afford a $4,000 Business Class ticket on a 10 hour flight where

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/19 5:27 PM
  • Number: 8778
  • Recommendations: 1
To continue our quarterly look at some of the big names in technology...

LifeForceDancer made the claim on February 3rd, 2018: This is the most overvalued stock market in history. Stocks around the world began their crash today.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/19 12:57 PM
  • Number: 92529
  • Recommendations: 3
The Top 3 expenses for most people are Housing, Food, and Transportation. There's often a lot of low-hanging fruit to cut.

Cutting these expenses can add $500K to retirement savings, study finds

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/9/19 10:43 AM
  • Number: 92263
  • Recommendations: 0
DirigentSparks writes: I'll be retiring from my job (also music professor--a choral conductor--this summer and will turn 69 in August.

Congrats on your upcoming milestone, Richard! It's a given your love of music will live
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/19 9:35 PM
  • Number: 92241
Absolutely critical! Break open a bottle of wine this weekend and brainstorm how you could use that time. I remember when the company I worked for was doing retirement incentives, part of what they offered was marital counseling to help them ease
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/19 5:44 PM
  • Number: 92236
  • Recommendations: 1
Absolutely. FIL worked until forced to retire at 72 and came back the next day as a contractor. Of course if I had to come home to MIL, I probably would have done the very same.

Now that's funny! And spoken in true
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/19 12:49 PM
  • Number: 92232
  • Recommendations: 2
BB wrote: Hey - Munger and Buffett are still working. ;-)

inparadise wrote: Some people live to work, rather than work to live. It was like pulling teeth to get DH to retire, and even now he's still consulting about a week,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/6/19 8:42 PM
  • Number: 92221
  • Recommendations: 2
Rayvt wrote: A $1M IRA/401K is about $40,000 RMD. That pretty much fills up the lower tax brackets, so everything gets push toward the higher brackets, increased SS tax, etc.

I'm all for taxable investing as a portion of a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/6/19 8:09 PM
  • Number: 92219
And, of course, anyone who is retiring early is likely in the top 5% to 10% of the income distribution, while poorer folks need to work until they drop dead.

intercst

Hey - Munger and Buffett are still working. ;-)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z