Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By BruceBrown

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/14/19 9:39 AM
  • Number: 208872
  • Recommendations: 2
She says it is 9 years old and will not update to the new operating system so I cannot back up my phone...

It's 2019 - back your phone up in the iCloud.
  • Date: 1/14/19 9:35 AM
  • Number: 91541
Food stocks are a good diversification. Even if the economy slows or there is a recession, people still eat...

...and smoke, drink, take out the garbage, go to the doctor, take pills, do their taxes, change their oil, wash their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/7/19 11:11 AM
  • Number: 91454
  • Recommendations: 0
toddlarsonak,

oceanbluela wrote, I STRONGLY suggest subscribing to the Fool Stock Advisor newsletter and then add the RuleBreaker subscription when time and/or money permits. Look for deals, which exist, and it won't be expensive. My

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/5/19 11:25 AM
  • Number: 91433
Rayvt wrote:

An annual 10% gain on a $10,000 account is $1000. Woo-hoo.

An annual 10% gain on a $500,000 account is $50,000. Some people don't make that much in a whole month.

...in a whole
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/4/19 9:27 PM
  • Number: 91429
  • Recommendations: 1
That's good news. The VALIC fee article I was referring to (might have been a Scott Burns column) was circa 2000 when VALIC forced Texas teachers to save for retirement via high-fee qualified annuity contracts. You would have done about as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/4/19 7:31 PM
  • Number: 91423
Famed Boglehead forum member, author, and one who often sits on the Boglehead Conference panel - Bill Bernstein's booklet applies to all and is free:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/4/19 4:28 PM
  • Number: 91415
  • Recommendations: 0
VALIC has some of the highest fees around (i.e., on the order of 3% per annum.) When I lived in Texas, VALIC had the contract to run the teacher's retirement plan. I often marveled that one of the math teachers didn't step forward and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/4/19 9:46 AM
  • Number: 91400
BB wrote:

Beyond that, if you read all three pages of the link, it seemed like a very earnest attempt by Robert Laura who works with financial advisors as well as his own clients to make sure that many of the issues that can crop up in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/2/19 3:35 PM
  • Number: 91378
  • Recommendations: 4
It really all about the money. The only reason most of these people are sad/angry/scared is because they don't have enough money. Although I would submit many of them actually do but they just don't realize it yet. We see people like that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/28/18 7:53 PM
  • Number: 91303
That's an excellent article, but at 16 pages it's too long for 95% of its intended audience who's attention span is geared to "tweets".

That's why I favor some kind of "one-click shopping" fail safe

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z