Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By dumaflotchie

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/17/18 9:52 AM
  • Number: 38824
  • Recommendations: 117
Only when the tide goes out do you discover who has been swimming naked"
Warren Buffet

This famous Buffet quote repurposed numerous times since the 1990’s seems a reasonable segway into our future investments in this age of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/8/18 6:27 PM
  • Number: 44788
  • Recommendations: 90
Is it better to be 1) wrong and move on, 2) right and hang on or 3) wrong and hang on?

Please allow me to explain how the first two are near equal but the latter is the worst outcome possible. This has consequences in how you may invest,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/17/18 11:00 AM
  • Number: 46274
  • Recommendations: 83
As most of you know, I have been critical of PVTL despite being an owner of the stock (small % of portfolio for those reasons) and the recent 20% hit in stock price has essentially wiped out all my gains in this stock.

I usually don't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/18 9:49 AM
  • Number: 44422
  • Recommendations: 76
Being a "trust but verify" type of investor, I have been kicking the tires a bit trying to get some clarity on the Kubernetes threat to PVTL and how SW went from the "war has been won" to a bit more cautious about technology
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/22/17 10:18 AM
  • Number: 33066
  • Recommendations: 76
2017 has been easy.....really really easy.

Saul is up 65% at Sept month-end and most of us have truly amazing returns in a short period time with several stock doubles this year alone, a 4 multiple in SHOP and numerous stocks over
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/17 7:59 PM
  • Number: 34552
  • Recommendations: 67
I glanced at several posts today discussing todays little pullback specifically using words like "discount" or "on sale" or "missed the lower prices".

I do find these to be interesting choice of words
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/02 7:27 PM
  • Number: 9562
  • Recommendations: 56
Mish:

These last few posts have been a bit disappointing. Please allow me a few constructive comments and observations that I hope you will take in the good faith that they are offered:

1) You are a novice investor. I don't mean that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/06 10:38 PM
  • Number: 26213
  • Recommendations: 55
Fellow NPI'ers……we are on the same side. Questions and criticisms are our friends not our enemies.

Over the years, the NPI has been a great resource for new and exciting discussions of technology and investing. It has morphed over the last
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/18 12:10 PM
  • Number: 35962
  • Recommendations: 53
As some of you know, a few of us exited SHOP a while back based on 3 issues:

1) Valuation concerns - I have presented data here before how sustained high P/S stocks are rare.
2) Lack of transparency with merchant class - the latter two
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/18 8:47 PM
  • Number: 45367
  • Recommendations: 52
Evening all!

I was briefly perusing the board here today and the discussions about newbies and advice, etc. Saul has clarified what he wants this board to concentrate on and I really can’t imagine what other advice a newbie would need other
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z