Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By MissEdithKeeler

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/16/19 2:41 PM
  • Number: 907549
  • Recommendations: 0

What well-to-do man would marry a whiny, dependent, hoarding, Can't-Understand-Normal-Thinker (yes, I'm implying an acronym), hag in distress like the one described?

Lots of ‘em, apparently, if you asked divorced me
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/15/19 8:57 AM
  • Number: 7903
  • Recommendations: 1
Medicaid, theoretically, will pay for in-home health care if it’s the kind of care to keep someone out of a nursing home. That’s typically not stuff like meals and housekeeping, etc.

Our local senior services offers services for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/13/19 8:39 AM
  • Number: 93986
  • Recommendations: 25
I was reading my news this morning and read this:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/12/19 6:53 AM
  • Number: 93976

The investing advice in YMOYL was terrible (i.e., buy 30-year Treasuries and live off the then 7% coupon with no adjustment or accommodation for inflation.

Sure. But my point is that they were at least talking about early
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/11/19 11:32 PM
  • Number: 93972
You know.... I was just thinking that the FIRE movement was actually largely started by women—often homemaker types—and then sort of appropriated by men along the way.

I’m think about Vickie Robin and Joe Dominguez, writing YMOYL in 1992.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/11/19 11:00 PM
  • Number: 93971
FIRE is mostly about math, addressing each individual's specific needs is well beyond the FIRE community.

Well, yeah, that was my point.

I mean, the lady that has to take care of her ‘fro—that’s not a FIRE issue, that’s
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/11/19 10:24 PM
  • Number: 93968
  • Recommendations: 22
Well, I’m a woman. I agree that the FIRE-sphere is bro-heavy, but I agree—who cares? Numbers-wise, it’s the same deal.

Otherwise, women do have some special considerations—generally we make less, generally we live longer, and kids may or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/19 7:10 PM
  • Number: 93906
  • Recommendations: 8

Imagine the screw ups when we get “Medicare for all.”

Riiight. Because private companies never make mistakes.
  • Date: 6/5/19 9:37 PM
  • Number: 907417
  • Recommendations: 2
It’s always interesting to me that the folks with one or two college degrees are often the people who say “not everyone should go to college.”

I agree, probably everyone is not cut out for college. But it’s very seldom the people who never
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/5/19 2:12 PM
  • Number: 93895
Yeah, I saw that Liz Weston piece and thought “I’ve been saying this for years!”

It’s so disheartening and feels so impossible when it’s presented as a lump sum.... but that’s not how you spend it.
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z