The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Tax liability of Traditional-to-Roth convers Date:  4/28/1998  11:49 PM
Author:  vargaj Number:  3100 of 98506

Recently there was a bulletin from the IRS indicating that although copies are available for a fee, you can get a free computer data dump. It is not a photo copy of your return but rather a computer listing of your line by line entries as recorded by the IRS. Something like a 1040PC. Unfortunately I don't have any more info at my finger tips, but I suspect that whoever sells copies can direct you to the computer print out. I don't know how far back it goes either.

Joe Varga
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us