The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Inheritance Strategies


Subject:  Re: What education qualifies for tax-free gifts? Date:  7/8/1998  4:45 PM
Author:  RecoveringFool Number:  435 of 5827

<<the first and most important rule is that the payment has to go DIRECTLY to the service provider (doctor/hospital for med expenses, school/tuition for educational expenses)... >>
There is no requirement about what the education might contribute to your life. To be on the safe side, attend an accredited institution and you'll be fine. grandparents can pay for any kind of education- preschool, k-12, college, etc. Wish my kids' grandparents would. Maybe their childrens' gradnparents will ;)
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us