The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  I have an IRA, what next? Date:  9/24/1998  11:39 PM
Author:  xxdustyxx Number:  5625 of 100867

I have an existing traditional IRA (a small part of which I will convert to a Roth this year) and no retirement plan at my full time job. I often do freelance work, 1099misc, that amounts to between $2000-$5000 a year.
Am I eligible to contribute to Keoghs/SEPs/Simple/etc.
while still adding $2000 a year to my IRA/Roth???

I've looked at the retirement plans page on this site, but can't seem to deduce whether the SEP/Simple would be included in "the total yearly $2000 contribution to all IRAs".

I know I can put money in taxable account, but wanted to see if I could sock away a little extra a year either tax deferred or tax deductible.

Any steps in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us