The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401(k) funding by corporation Date:  9/30/1998  6:07 PM
Author:  cameron Number:  5748 of 101533

I'm in the Philadelphia area, I've got the contract here and it looks pretty simple, but I suppose that's scary :) Also, I know some other people who have worked through the same agency.

I was planning to get a CPA, do you really think a lawyer is necessary as well?

I've already sent off to create myself a PA S-Corporation based on the feedback that others received from their CPA's.

I strongly recommend that you hire an attorney if you are starting a new corporation and entering some kind of business contract. You may think it's a pain to pay the fees, but you want to make sure that you protect yourself from liabilities that might arise from the business. There are many issues that you probably haven't thought of, not because you're unintelligent, but because this is not your area of expertise. Hiring an attorney would be money well spent, IMHO.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us