The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quottry-the-discount-brokers-board-youll-find-10423593.aspx

Subject:  Re: In search of broker for IRA Date:  11/19/1998  2:58 PM
Author:  elk8 Number:  6676 of 90834

"Try the Discount Brokers Board. You'll find discussions on all of the various brokers.

Phil "

Thanks Phil, but that was the first place I went. I posted the same question over there and had no responses. There is info there on the annual fees for IRA's, but nothing on minimums. I've also looked on several web sites that compare brokers, but they ignore IRA accounts.

I thought I might have better luck over here since the topic is retirement funds, and I figured someone would have investigated this before me.

I did e-mail Waterhouse directly, and found they have no minimum balance and no annual fees for IRA's. Sounds good, but you'd never know it from their website. I guess I'll just have to e-mail all the other low-fee brokers to do a thorough comparison. Hey, maybe I should post what I find out since no one seems to have done it before!

A.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us