The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: self directed stock SEP IRA Date:  12/16/1998  2:06 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  7339 of 93709

Sskestrel asks:

<<What is a 5305 and where can I get one?

Can any broker do this? If at some time in the future I change brokers, what happens to my SEP?>>

Go to the IRS website at and download IRS Pub 560, Retirement Plans for Small Business (SEP, Keogh and SIMPLE Plans). You'll find the form and an explanation of the SEP in there.

If you change brokers, just transfer the SEP account to the new broker. Read IRS Pub 560 and maybe things will be clearer to you.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us