The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Rule Breakers, Rule Makers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-sean-sounds-like-you-are-on-the-right-track-10512141.aspx

Subject:  Re: Books Date:  1/11/1999  12:59 AM
Author:  lou2 Number:  6 of 265

Hi Sean,

Sounds like you are on the right track, m'boy! I am young, too (24), and feel so blessed to have found out about investing at such a young age. I was about your age when I started learning about stocks. And the Fool is the most valuable tool I know of out there to help you along the way. These message boards are not to be rivaled anywhere on the internet. The interaction with other investors is amazing and has taught me so much (as well as amused me quite often!).

The only advice I would have for you would be to not wait before getting back into the market. I know you may think the market is high right now, but if you continue to wait, there's no guarantee it's going down anytime soon, and you might be left high and dry and totally uninvested as the market tacks on gains.

Alternatively, let's say you put your money in and see a correction in the market -- no biggie -- as you've said you want to be in for the long haul, right? Just take a deep breath and stick it out. The market has historically (over the last 3o years) returned 11%, and with you investing so early, you will be more than fine.

Take care and have fun in Fooldom,
Lou
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us