The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401K Conversion Date:  1/12/1999  9:36 PM
Author:  gp703 Number:  7820 of 90111


There is no such thing as a "traditional Roth IRA" (at least until the next seesion of Congress). But yes, the money could go to a regular IRA (I still recommend the conduit type) and then be moved to the Roth X dollars at a time, paying the tax as you go.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us