The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Foreign Marriage Date:  1/13/1999  6:00 PM
Author:  rxpharmd Number:  8342 of 132123

I got married on December 29th, 1998 to a man that is a citizen of Bahamas and applying for adjustment of status. He has a son that he supports there; he has never been married to his mother. Can we file married/jointly? And can we claim his son as a dependent?
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us