The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  moving retirement accts from mut funds to stocks Date:  1/27/1999  6:12 AM
Author:  mistah Number:  8122 of 104784

I am self-employed and have a Roth-IRA; my wife has a 403(b); both are in mutual funds. Wife is going to leave job, probably work in 1 1/2 yr. at new job. Want to be Foolish and invest for my retirement in stocks. Is it possible to roll-over both my wife's and my existing retirement acct.s into a combined brokerage retirement account or must they be separate? When my wife goes back to work and has a 403(b) or a 401k, can her retirement contributions go into a personal IRA brokerage account instead of the 401k's mutual funds, or must all personal brokerage account contributions be post taxes and separate from company's retirement plan? I know, I should call my retirement accounts;just wanted some Foolish advice. Thanks.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us