The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks E / Excite@Home

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/luxsit-wrote-i-predict-that-if-the-city-of-10561223.aspx

Subject:  Re: Municiple Regulation Date:  1/29/1999  6:58 PM
Author:  nole1 Number:  3916 of 55215

Luxsit wrote:

I predict that if the City of Seattle tries to pull the plug on TCI that they will be headed down the long and costly road of litigation. It is clear to me that the City of Seattle does not have the resources for this type of battle

Luxsit, don't forget what company is located in Seattle! I won't tell you their name, but their initials are MSFT....Seattle will be wired as well as anywhere, because Microsoft employees will demand it (and rightfully so). With the fishing expeditions into the cable arena the company has done, could there be a little collusion with the city council (or whatever body does this?). If they are going to be @Home competitors, what better way than to stage a diversionary legal battle without the word Microsoft in it? They learn quick, and in this case they are learning from Sun, Netscape, etc., who are the "real" prosecution team in US vs Microsoft.....

What I'd like to know is what effect today's FCC ruling has on these local Franchise deals. Maybe you or Scallag could reply.

Thanks,

nole1
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us