The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Discount Brokers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/gtthe-only-problem-is-that-the-software-would-be-10584800.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hate your broker? Date:  2/8/1999  1:06 PM
Author:  jambrose Number:  10044 of 50510

>The only problem is that the software would be >resident on the computer, and would
>eliminate the use of the broker on other machines >without the software.

> At present, your broker is accesible from any machine >anywhere in the world.

True, but a web based interface might still be available for those away from their primary machine, or who have a machine that won't run the dedicated software. However the advantages of the dedicated client, at least in my opinion, far outweigh the disadvantages. I would still like to have the option to perform my daily operation via the web, but a dedicated client could have many potential advantages. For both the user and the broker.

The broker would conceivably be able to serve more customers with less bandwidth being taken up. Be able to provide more services (via the client and updates to that client), and increase their revenues. There would be a initial investment of capital in the development of the client/server system of software, but in my humble opinion the payoffs in customer satifaction far outweight this. However I agree. A web based interface (Perhaps one without tons of graphics, but still well designed and easy to use), is still a requirement.

Enough of my ramblings for the moment.

--
Jack
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us